Note to parent or teacher: Here is a 20- to 30-minute lesson plan that highlights the lesson objectives: “Learn what faith is, i.e.: faith is a belief in the unseen, and a substantial and real commodity in the spirit, etc.; read and memorize Bible verses that build on the concept of faith,” and “learn of God’s condition for miracles, and in what circumstances God likes to perform miracles.” (Christian Life and Faith: Biblical and Christian Foundation: Faith-1a, Christian Life and Faith: Spiritual Insight and Awareness: Miracles-1b)
Listen to “A Strong Tower.”
Pray one of the prayers found in “Pray a Way: Courage.”
Read “Nothing Is Impossible for God.” While reading it, here are some points to highlight:
- Pages 2–3: Ask the children to reflect on how frightening it must have been for the children of Israel to be faced with the Red Sea and the Egyptian army closing in behind them. At this point, Moses told them, “Stand still and watch the Lord rescue you” (Exodus 14:13 NLT). Discuss how this took great faith because they couldn’t see any solution to their difficulty.
- Page 4: Talk about recent Word studies you and the children have had together, or verses they have memorized, and how these have strengthened your faith.
- Page 5: Talk about how Jesus forgives us if we sometimes don’t have enough faith. Peter started to sink because he stopped trusting. But later, after Jesus had returned to His heavenly home, Peter showed great faith for miracles as recorded in the book of Acts, such as the story in Acts 3 when Peter and John prayed for the lame man to be healed.
- Pages 6–7: Read the full account of this story in Joshua 3:7–17.
- Page 8: If you have an age-appropriate story about a challenge you faced in your life, tell the children about it, relating how the three faith-building steps played out. (1. Keep your faith strong. 2. Keep your eyes on Jesus. 3. Put your faith into action.)
Color the coloring page: Exodus 14:14.
Read “Doomed, but Saved by a Princess,” about a mother’s step of faith that saved her baby boy.
Memorize one of the scriptures quoted in “Pray a Way: Courage.”
- “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear” (Hebrews 13:6 ESV).
- “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you” (Isaiah 26:3 NLT).